H-1B Stamping still in Administrative Processing

Sai2017

Dear All,

Dec14th Yesterday I attended interview at Hyd consulate and VO asked very simple questions and answered everything very well. Even she didn't ask single document, only taken passport and I-797 and returned back to me again. But finally she looked at her system and given white form by ticked checkbox- 'Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision made'.

Is there any chances to get visa or No hopes...Please provide your chances and how much time it will take ?

7 hours ago, Sai2017 said:

Dear All,

Dec14th Yesterday I attended interview at Hyd consulate and VO asked very simple questions and answered everything very well. Even she didn't ask single document, only taken passport and I-797 and returned back to me again. But finally she looked at her system and given white form by ticked checkbox- 'Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision made'.

Is there any chances to get visa or No hopes...Please provide your chances and how much time it will take ?

My case attended interview on dec 8, no slip given VO retained my passport. Case updated twice after interview 1st on dec 13 and 2nd on dec 15.

please share ur experiences/timelines

18 hours ago, sandeep444 said:

My case attended interview on dec 8, no slip given VO retained my passport. Case updated twice after interview 1st on dec 13 and 2nd on dec 15.

please share ur experiences/timelines

Sandeep, - What is the status its showing for your case at present? In which consulate attended the interview?

On 12/18/2017 at 5:18 PM, Rameshwar Rao said:

@nikhiljali 

Hi there, I received an email today from US Travel Docs, saying "Your Passport is ready for pickup"; the CEAC website still shows the case is under admin processing.

I believe and hopeful that my Passport will be stamped with Visa but just slightly confused with the CEAC status. I will anyways go and collect my Passport tomorrow morning.

Any updates on your case?? Mine shows adminstrative processing still

1 hour ago, Rameshwar Rao said:

@sandeep444 I collected passport today with a white 221-g paper asking to appear for interview at the US Consulate, New Delhi before 10:00AM IST.

@nmurthy @stampwithgrace @Sai2017 @nikhiljali any comments on this, please!

Just prepare as if you are going for a real interview. 

Ask the visa officer when you will get your passport back. 

I had the same situation, went and the visa was approved but the passport collection happened 2 weeks later. Just preparing you mentally. 

2 hours ago, Rameshwar Rao said:

@sandeep444 I collected passport today with a white 221-g paper asking to appear for interview at the US Consulate, New Delhi before 10:00AM IST.

@nmurthy @stampwithgrace @Sai2017 @nikhiljali any comments on this, please!

Just take all documents that you would normally take for a stamping. Dress appropriately, answer confidently, be polite and stay calm.

Good luck.

On 12/16/2017 at 7:49 PM, Rameshwar Rao said:

@Sai2017 @sandeep444 any updates on your case? please share as soon as you hear something!

@stampwithgrace @Tjgarla would you know or could you comment if "admin processing" has become a part of normal renewal process? and how frequent should the status be updating in this case?

In my experience it has become more common. And the documents you submit in the email will be sent to a 3rd party company . (Call center, employment check) company. They will call the end client number that is mentioned on the letter.

Hi People,

I have attended visa stamping on December 8th Friday (sorry i mentioned 6th, 6th was my OFC ). On Monday 11th case status changed to Issued and on 12th the status changed to ready for pick up. I picked up my passport on Wednesday 13th.

One of my friend had dropped his visa on Wednesday 13th and his case was changed to admin processing the next day, On December 18th he got email/call from embassy asking to come for interview on January 3rd. So, people who are going for drop box are being called for interview again. Just beware and prepare yourself, last month other friend of mine had Dropbox eligibility, and was called for interview after submitting the documents.

Please post your experiences, it is really helpful to go through these threads. Before my interview, i was going through threads in murthy forum to know how the situation is. It helps alot and you can plan accordingly.

Finally please also post which consulate you are attending.

Consulate i went for is Hyderabad.

@Sandeep- Still yours is AP?

Hi All,

One week gone already, but still it's in AP status only...No hopes?  VO impressed for my interview, even she didn't ask single document from my end and  but they issued 221g white form further processing...Still how much time it will take time and Is there any chances to get a good news at least...Please provide your suggestions...

Archived