H1B Extension Stamping in France

tradersjoe0

Hello Folks,

I have a business trip in January for which I have to go to France. My First H1B got stamped in my Home Country India. Now, I am on my H1B extension and into my 4th year. After my H1B got extended, I have not traveled outside of states. So, my question is: Can I get my current H1B VISA stamped in Paris.

I had a similar situation. 

I travelled to Australia for work but my employer paid for my trip from Australia to India just for stamping. 

They said I should not take a risk and go for stamping in a third country. 

This also allowed me for a dropbox submission now and in the future. 

My case was a little complex due to a DUI so I choose to go to India. I will recommend you talk with your lawyer and if its a extension for the same employer with no DUI or any complication go for France. Will save you a lot of time. Just make sure you have enough time in hand to get the passport back. Lot of delays now a days due to technical issues. 

19 hours ago, tradersjoe0 said:

Hello Folks,

I have a business trip in January for which I have to go to France. My First H1B got stamped in my Home Country India. Now, I am on my H1B extension and into my 4th year. After my H1B got extended, I have not traveled outside of states. So, my question is: Can I get my current H1B VISA stamped in Paris.

Hello This is a very tricky case. Normally US consulates like France typically don't deal with H1B cases for TCN like Indians etc. So they might not really know what to do with your case and will have a delayed processing. I suggest you to make a 2 days trip to Matamoros mexico US consulate, get the stamping done and fly to France with no tensions.

I honestly will suggest this route. I have been into consulting for a long time and i would suggest this. 

FYI: One of my consultant went to Abu dabi Consulate for H1B stamping and the admin processing took 7 months. Luckily he works there so he was fine. 

Archived