Can we change employer Even before the first job

NagaChaitanya

Hello,

My wife has her H1B approved through a consultancy in 2016cap. Her approval notice was received in December 2016. Due to the suspension of premium processing, she could not start working till date. She cleared more than four client interviews, two before April 2017 and two after Oct 3rd(after premium started back) but her Employer is not being helpful and fast in getting the necessary paper work done. Can we change the employer with an approved H1b notice(I-797C) even before she starts working? Her current status is H4. Any light in this area is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Her case is not a COS. It is an inactive H1. Employer will have to file an amendment once she gets an offer letter for her to be able to start working. This amendment without PP would take months and no client would wait so long after giving you an offer. With PP it takes two weeks. So we were kind of locked and had to wait for PP.

• 1 month later...

I have a question here. I am in a similar boat and would be happy to connect on this if you are interested. I have seen cases where people were able to transfer the H1 in cases like this. What did she do for SSN- I think the client will ask for back ground check after clearing the interviews. What did you do in such case?

Archived