U Visa Question

criscris

Hello,

around 8 years ago, I was stabbed in neighborhood and consequently lost consciousness due to heavy bleeding.. neighbors called 911 and I was hospitalized, and I am alive finally. I cooperated with Police, but they never gave me any report. I was in fact not in a situation to even ask for a report, because I was worrying about severity of my injury. I just was able to answer their questions, and police officer left.

Last week I came to know about U visa.. am I eligible now? wondering how to get old police report. would they close my case? does the case status matter for U Visa? Should I hire a lawyer or ask my employer's Legal department to handle this?

Sorry to hear your tragic incident. Lucky that your recovering from it. Regarding your police report, u can reach out to the police department in person where you case has been registered request for a copy of the incident. They will definitely will provide you case report in details. It is better to have a good attorney to proceed further with U visa. Good luck with U visa

Archived