J1 fear of persecution waiver

On 9/18/2018 at 3:26 AM, donewaiting said:

Hello All! 

I'm in the process of filing a waiver based on persecution, I'm in California can I file to the Vermont center since the processing time is a lot less,  or how does this work do they just decide which center will process my file for me?

Thank you! 

Hello Donewaiting 

As far as i know the only center that process persecution waiver is california so you can not apply to vermont 

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, applicant23 said:

Any news from anyone? I sent out my RFE last week and it was received yesterday. Now the wait starts

My wife and i submitted the RFE response at the same time and the same argument. My wife's case is on hold since sep 19 and mine still showing response received. It is been 2 month that they received my response. Finger crossed lets hope everyone gets approved

Good luck!

On 10/3/2018 at 12:02 PM, Stillwaiting88 said:

My wife and i submitted the RFE response at the same time and the same argument. My wife's case is on hold since sep 19 and mine still showing response received. It is been 2 month that they received my response. Finger crossed lets hope everyone gets approved

Good luck!

Yeah I heard RFEs take at least 60 days to hear back from. Is your wife's case based on persecution as well? You should be hearing back anytime soon too, I hope! 

6 hours ago, Stillwaiting88 said:

My wife got favorouble recommendation from DOS so she is good now. I am still stuck at the same level with USCIS although we are the same case technically.

Good luck everyone.

Congrats to your wife then! Thats awesome. But at the same time it shows how much variation is between each case even if both of your cases were constructed on the same argument and evidence. Although why your cases are deemed different in the eyes of uscis is beyond me. Your reply should be on its way too. I hope I get some kind of response before the end of this year

Edited by applicant23
18 hours ago, applicant23 said:

Congrats to your wife then! Thats awesome. But at the same time it shows how much variation is between each case even if both of your cases were constructed on the same argument and evidence. Although why your cases are deemed different in the eyes of uscis is beyond me. Your reply should be on its way too. I hope I get some kind of response before the end of this year

Thank you applicant 23! Hope we both hear some good news soon. I think the difference between cases is because the officer did not get to my application yet and probably he has a lot of work to do and a lot of applications pending

Will update you if anything new 

Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Stillwaiting88 said:

I wish i can do 

The system will not let me do it 

My lawyer sent uscis an email and he received a generic response that they are working on my case 

ah okay. I guess there is nothing else to do but wait. Someone earlier in this group said theirs was approved. If I remember correctly they sent out their RFE papers in April of this year, and got an answer in August, so that's 4 months. I say give it another month or so. Keep us updated and best of luck to you!

Hi all,

If it will be any help to someone, here is my timeline and status.

I applied on persecution basis.

December 11, 2017:  I-612 received by USCIS
September 4,  2018:  RFE received by me
September 6, 2018:  RFE and documents received by USCIS

I called yesterday because, on the RFE, it says "call us if you don't hear back in 60 days" and they said it is still processing.

I also created an account on USCIS page using my receipt number but they even didn't update the page to reflect that they requested an RFE. The lady on the phone told that updating the USCIS page may be late sometimes.

7 hours ago, hello_hello_world said:

Hi all,

If it will be any help to someone, here is my timeline and status.

I applied on persecution basis.

December 11, 2017:  I-612 received by USCIS
September 4,  2018:  RFE received by me
September 6, 2018:  RFE and documents received by USCIS

I called yesterday because, on the RFE, it says "call us if you don't hear back in 60 days" and they said it is still processing.

I also created an account on USCIS page using my receipt number but they even didn't update the page to reflect that they requested an RFE. The lady on the phone told that updating the USCIS page may be late sometimes.

Hello 

I am in the same situation as you are and it is been more then 3 month (basically 3 month and 1 week) and no update on my application still showing rfe received 

Do you mind sharing the number u called to ask 

Thank you and good luck!

Hi all, 

I have just sent in my application for waiver on persecution basis. 

So far my progress is a check cashed by USCIS at the end of September 2018 and DOS website showing "documents received" beginning of October 2018. 

My lawyer said I would receive a receipt from USCIS with my case # within 30 days of application. So it has been longer than 30 days now since USCIS cashed the check. Should I be worried? When you say "December 11, 2017:  I-612 received by USCIS" is this the date from your USCIS receipt or the date USCIS cashed $930 check?

Edited by Apply&Wait
On 11/8/2018 at 8:54 PM, Stillwaiting88 said:

Hello 

I am in the same situation as you are and it is been more then 3 month (basically 3 month and 1 week) and no update on my application still showing rfe received 

Do you mind sharing the number u called to ask 

Thank you and good luck!

It is probably the call center number. It is not a direct line and I had to fight automated voices to find a person to talk to. But here it is:

1-800-375-5283

8 hours ago, Apply&Wait said:

Hi all, 

So far my progress is a check cashed by USCIS at the end of September 2018 and DOS website showing "documents received" beginning of October 2018. 

My lawyer said I would receive a receipt from USCIS with my case # within 30 days of application. So it has been longer than 30 days now since USCIS cashed the check. Should I be worried? When you say "December 11, 2017:  I-612 received by USCIS" is this the date from your USCIS receipt or the date USCIS cashed $930 check?

This is the date on the receipt notice. 1 month is a long time but it looks like they are not handling anything within the expected time limits. So you may still receive it soon. But here is an information from the UCSIS webpage based on my receipt number. I send around the beginning of December 2017 and here is their warning.

If you do not receive your receipt notice by January 10, 2018, please call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283.

On 11/9/2018 at 1:13 PM, Apply&Wait said:

Hi all, 

My case was received on September 13 and I got the receipt around 1 week after that. 

I hope you get yours soon 

On 11/9/2018 at 10:42 PM, hello_hello_world said:

This is the date on the receipt notice. 1 month is a long time but it looks like they are not handling anything within the expected time limits. So you may still receive it soon. But here is an information from the UCSIS webpage based on my receipt number. I send around the beginning of December 2017 and here is their warning.

If you do not receive your receipt notice by January 10, 2018, please call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Hi All,

I contacted my lawyer and apparently his office received my USCIS receipt and never told me. So now I have my receipt #. 

3 hours ago, Stillwaiting88 said:

Update on my case

Got a new RFE. I am waiting for it in the mail 😓. Lets see what is it about this time.

Because i had the same application as my wife and she got approved and now i am getting an RFE. I dont know how is that possible

What in the world? I swear this is so unnecessarily difficult. Let's hope that this is a request for a document page or something. Let us know