J1 fear of persecution waiver

21 hours ago, applicant23 said:

Hey waivermed,

is your basis persecution as well?

Yes, persecution. I started preparing documentation for DoS.I will try to mail them next week. I believe I will hear something from the USCIS by late July. By the way I am monitoring my case through this site: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov 

This website does not provide updates anymore for my case: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, carewaiver said:

Yes, persecution. I started preparing documentation for DoS.I will try to mail them next week. I believe I will hear something from the USCIS by late July. By the way I am monitoring my case through this site: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov 

This website does not provide updates anymore for my case: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do 

I am also wondering, Do I need to send the same supporting documents that I sent to USCIS? What exactly USCIS will forward to DoS?

35 minutes ago, carewaiver said:

I am also wondering, Do I need to send the same supporting documents that I sent to USCIS? What exactly USCIS will forward to DoS?

Thanks for sharing the link, I didnt know about it. I was using the egov link to check my status. Regarding your documents, I dont think you should send the USCIS supporting document to DoS, just send what they ask for. However, let's see what others' opinion is

You can say form my name. I just found you guys after searching like 6 months. Where you guys have been all this time? My feelings were like I am the only lonely person in this world. But know I feel much better. Anyway, thanks so much everyone for sharing such a great deal of info.  
I sent my documents late Jan 2018. USCIS  received them late Jan and DOS received them early Feb. No updates since then. Looking to your timelines, I am hopping to get an update in September. My best wishes to all of you. 

9 hours ago, JustFoundThis said:

You can say form my name. I just found you guys after searching like 6 months. Where you guys have been all this time? My feelings were like I am the only lonely person in this world. But know I feel much better. Anyway, thanks so much everyone for sharing such a great deal of info.  
I sent my documents late Jan 2018. USCIS  received them late Jan and DOS received them early Feb. No updates since then. Looking to your timelines, I am hopping to get an update in September. My best wishes to all of you. 

Hey JustFoundThis,

welcome to the forum. I read other forums, weren't much help, so I just use this one for now. Others probably have better suggestions. You are right, you will have to wait at least 3 more months for any answer from USCIS. I saw some others who applied without a lawyer, honestly, the more i wait, the more I wish I had a lawyer. Anyways, keep checking forums and do some more waiting. Let us know about any updates from your side. I am glad you found us!

13 hours ago, JustFoundThis said:

In the meantime, if you guys don't mind sharing what other websites/groups you're using for following up on such the J1 persecution cases info? I really want to get as much info as possible. I have not hired a lawyer and am doing everything by myself. Thanks so much in advance!

Welcome to the club of frustration

I also use this forum and  i searched other forums like avvo but i think this is the best and most uptodate

I hired a lawyer but still waiting from early november and nothing yet 

So nothing we can do other then wait and help each other by posting any updates in our cases

Good luck with yours!

12 hours ago, applicant23 said:

Hey JustFoundThis,

welcome to the forum. I read other forums, weren't much help, so I just use this one for now. Others probably have better suggestions. You are right, you will have to wait at least 3 more months for any answer from USCIS. I saw some others who applied without a lawyer, honestly, the more i wait, the more I wish I had a lawyer. Anyways, keep checking forums and do some more waiting. Let us know about any updates from your side. I am glad you found us!

Thanks so much, @applicant23! I will. 

8 hours ago, Stillwaiting88 said:

Welcome to the club of frustration

I also use this forum and  i searched other forums like avvo but i think this is the best and most uptodate

I hired a lawyer but still waiting from early november and nothing yet 

So nothing we can do other then wait and help each other by posting any updates in our cases

Good luck with yours!

Thank you, @Stillwaiting88! I have been searching AVVO and other forums and have not found any of those as helpful as this forum. Good luck with yours too! According to the timelines you should get an update in July or August. Please keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...

So weird. I called USCIS yesterday and asked about the status of my case. The agent says she will redirect me to someone else, and hangs up on me. And then for the next 2-3 hours I can't reach anyone and I am on hold. 

On 7/9/2018 at 9:31 PM, Stillwaiting88 said:

Same here nothing yet 

It is frustrating day after day and no updates

It is very frustrating. Keep hope and please leave messages if there is need to vent. Always open for support! @Stillwaiting88

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. This is my timeline:

- USCIS received I-612 February 2018 (California Service Center)

- DOS received DS-3035 February 2018

Been waiting for 5 months now, but it feels like forever! 

USCIS processing time is currently 10-13 months, with receipt date for a case inquiry going back to June 22, 2017! Which means i cannot submit a request to expedite since my application was received after 6/22/17.

Anyone applied around the same time as me with progress on their case?

On 7/14/2018 at 2:14 AM, JustFoundThis said:

So, what is the step by step process? Does the US Department of State's send their recommendation to the USCIS or the other way around? I just checked the online status for USSD and USCIS and both says pending... 

My understanding of the process is that:

1- USCIS reviews your case, they send a recommendation to DOS in a form i-613

2- then DOS reviews your case, and send their Approval/Denial back to USCIS

3- finally, USCIS makes final decision on your case and sends Approval/Denial to you (i read somewhere that if DOS approves, 99% of times USCIS will give final approval)

Thank you! I hope we all hear good news on our cases soon.

10 hours ago, J1disease said:

3- finally, USCIS makes final decision on your case and sends Approval/Denial to you (i read somewhere that if DOS approves, 99% of times USCIS will give final approval)

On 7/15/2018 at 6:35 AM, Stillwaiting88 said:

Yesterday i received a mail for request for evidence from uscis  asking for more proof and for some documents for my case.i am now meeting with my lawyer to see my next step. My online status didn't change and still showing received.

Thank you "STILLWAITING88" for the update! RFEs are annoying but good new is, your application is being reviewed by someone 🙂

When did you submit your application? just to have an idea on the timeline...

And can you please share any details about the evidence/documents requested? 

On 7/15/2018 at 12:07 PM, J1disease said:

That's it. You got it right, I heard that's how the process goes