H4 extension

A@immi

Hi, 

Am on H4 visa ( which got expired on 4th Sep 2017) but have I94 until 14 Sep. I have applied for an extension just last week and am yet to recieve the reciept number from USCIS! I know it was way too late!

Should I leave US before 14th or I need to wait here in US until i get the receipt number??  If I choose to stay, will that be illegal?

Any inputs would help me make an informed decision.

Thanks

17 hours ago, A@immi said:

Hi, 

Am on H4 visa ( which got expired on 4th Sep 2017) but have I94 until 14 Sep. I have applied for an extension just last week and am yet to recieve the reciept number from USCIS! I know it was way too late!

Should I leave US before 14th or I need to wait here in US until i get the receipt number??  If I choose to stay, will that be illegal?

Any inputs would help me make an informed decision.

Thanks

No worries. You can stay as you submitted the docs a week before your I-94 expiry. You can stay based on receipt notice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

My employer didn't filed my H4 dependents extension request on time and updated me 2 days back and asking me to take care of their extension. Dependents H4 visa and i94 got expired on Aug 23rd.

1) Do they need to go back to india for Visa extention

2) Any possibility to file extension from USA?. 

On 9/19/2017 at 0:46 PM, Taara said:

Hi

My employer didn't filed my H4 dependents extension request on time and updated me 2 days back and asking me to take care of their extension. Dependents H4 visa and i94 got expired on Aug 23rd.

1) Do they need to go back to india for Visa extention

2) Any possibility to file extension from USA?. 

Check with a immigration attorney ASAP.

Archived