H1-B stamping in Montreal

sameer1310

Hello Folks, 

I am traveling to Montreal for visa stamping. If anyone has been to get stamping done, could you please recommend places to stay?

I am able to find accommodations near the consulate, however, is the downtown too noisy at night? Asking because, i am traveling with an infant. 

Also, are kids allowed in the consulate? me and my wife both have stamping appointments at the same time, hence asking. 

Please advise. 

Hi Team, 

Need help with the above queries. I called the US consulate at Montreal, and inquired about kids being allowed, they said no. 

Then got an email from the consulate saying, kids are OK. However, when I mentioned to them, that my daughter doesn't need US visa, their reply only comprised of the below link: 

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/montreal/security-procedures/

Now, we are confused, whether to go for the stamping, or find a new date. 

Could someone please advise if they were able to successfully get stamping done along with kids, especially ones who dont need US visa. 

On 8/25/2017 at 5:07 AM, sameer1310 said:

Hi Team, 

Need help with the above queries. I called the US consulate at Montreal, and inquired about kids being allowed, they said no. 

Then got an email from the consulate saying, kids are OK. However, when I mentioned to them, that my daughter doesn't need US visa, their reply only comprised of the below link: 

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/montreal/security-procedures/

Now, we are confused, whether to go for the stamping, or find a new date. 

Could someone please advise if they were able to successfully get stamping done along with kids, especially ones who dont need US visa. 

Hi Team, can someone please help answer the above or the below? 

I booked my dates in Montreal Canada for H1-B visa stamping, however, the US embassy there isn’t giving me a clear answer if my child who is a US citizen, would be allowed in the interview with us.

Hence, we are considering whether to get the stamping done in Canada or not.

I have a few queries below:

1. What happens if I cancel my appointment now? Would I be able to come back to the US on auto reval program? 
  2. What happens if my wife/ me just one person gets visa stamped, as one of us will be taking care of the child during the other person’s interview, and one of us don’t get the visa stamped, will the one person without the visa stamp be allowed to enter the US on auto reval program?

Archived