H4 Visa Interview-Sevis Verification for F1

chandu103

My wife travelled back to India on her own F1-OPT  and appeared for H4 visa interview on August 14 2017. She was questioned a few more about her Masters degree in the US and her work experience. Only couple of questions about spouse  (employer name and client location) about the H1B holder were asked. VO verified H1-B copy and marriage certificate and returned them.

At the end of the interview, he was told that her visa was approved. Then was also told that they had to do some verification on Sevis since you are in F1 visa initially on their end. The VO didn't give any 221g form.

I have checked the online  https://ceac.state.gov website for tracking shows that the case is under administrative processing.

Does any one  encountered similar situations in the past.

Your response is highly appreciated.

On 8/18/2017 at 11:38 AM, chandu103 said:

My wife travelled back to India on her own F1-OPT  and appeared for H4 visa interview on August 14 2017. She was questioned a few more about her Masters degree in the US and her work experience. Only couple of questions about spouse  (employer name and client location) about the H1B holder were asked. VO verified H1-B copy and marriage certificate and returned them.

At the end of the interview, he was told that her visa was approved. Then was also told that they had to do some verification on Sevis since you are in F1 visa initially on their end. The VO didn't give any 221g form.

I have checked the online  https://ceac.state.gov website for tracking shows that the case is under administrative processing.

Nothing to worry, most probably the VO would check if your wife has been on F1 the whole time through the OPT and if she has violated any OPT or F1 rules.  If everything is good, then she will get the visa soon.

On 8/18/2017 at 11:38 AM, chandu103 said:

Don't worry. It is a basic verification since she was on F-1 before. Should not take more than a week or 2.

Archived