H4 EAD renewal after changing job

simpleguy33

Hi, 

I have a couple of questions. 

a) I have an approved I-140 from company A and I have stayed more than 6 months after I got my I-140. So, as per the new law, my current company cannot revoke my I-140. Is that correct? 

b) Now if I move from Company A to Company B, and my spouse has a H4 EAD that is up for renewal, will there be any problem with her H4 EAD renewal as my I-140 will be active (since it cannot be revoked). Does it depend on the employer who issued the I-140 for renewal? 

Please let me know if the questions seem confused. 

Thank you in advance. 

On 8/17/2017 at 4:38 PM, simpleguy33 said:

Hi, 

a) I have an approved I-140 from company A and I have stayed more than 6 months after I got my I-140. So, as per the new law, my current company cannot revoke my I-140. Is that correct? 

Correct, but USCIS can revoke your I-140 if it was approved on a fradulent information.

b) Now if I move from Company A to Company B, and my spouse has a H4 EAD that is up for renewal, will there be any problem with her H4 EAD renewal as my I-140 will be active (since it cannot be revoked). Does it depend on the employer who issued the I-140 for renewal? 

H4 EAD is not tied with any company, it is totally tied with your H1.  AS long as you have valid H1 and approved I-140, your spouse can apply for H4 EAD.

Thank you in advance. 

On 8/17/2017 at 4:38 PM, simpleguy33 said:

Hi, 

Thank you in advance. 

1. Correct.

2. No problem with H-4 EAD renewal.

Archived