H1 B Extension Denied Twice. Chances of F2 visa Approval while spouse is on F1 OPT

Nishak39

Hi,

My H1B visa extension got denied as amendment was not filed when I moved to new project in the same county. By the time I got denial notice my I-94 has expired. I have immediately stopped working and MTR was filed. I stayed in the country for about 3 months after the denial due to health issues. 

New employer has filed for H1B visa in consular processing as I am out of the country which was denied again. Visa was denied as employer was unable to prove the work for entire period of request for visa.

My spouse is  on F1 OPT valid untill Dec 2018.  Can I apply for F2 visa? What are my chances of Approval as my spouse is on F1 OPT? Will my H1 B denials affect my chances of getting a F2 visa?

Thanks,

Nisha

On 8/17/2017 at 2:46 PM, Nishak39 said:

Hi,

My H1B visa extension got denied as amendment was not filed when I moved to new project in the same county. By the time I got denial notice my I-94 has expired. I have immediately stopped working and MTR was filed. I stayed in the country for about 3 months after the denial due to health issues. 

New employer has filed for H1B visa in consular processing as I am out of the country which was denied again. Visa was denied as employer was unable to prove the work for entire period of request for visa.

My spouse is  on F1 OPT valid untill Dec 2018.  Can I apply for F2 visa? What are my chances of Approval as my spouse is on F1 OPT? Will my H1 B denials affect my chances of getting a F2 visa?

Thanks,

Nisha

You can apply for F2 visa, You never know.  If you can convince VO that you are joining your spouse and you both will return after your spouse F1-OPT then VO might issue visa.  There is a new memo released by DHS for visa consulars particularly for H1 and F1 related visa stamping.  check it out.

Archived