I-140 Pending over six months

vipin chhibber

Hi,

The I-140 application was filed for me on 15th Feb 2017 and currently the USCIS processing times portal shows that the cases being worked on as of 30 June 2017 are for 1st March 2017.

The USCIS case status still shows " Case Received" for my case number. What is the best I can do ? 

My employer is saying that the current processing times is between 8 months - 1year and SR will be raised only after one year. Is there something I can do to expidite the process? Can I raise the SR with USCIS to know the update?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vipin

17 hours ago, vipin chhibber said:

Hi,

The I-140 application was filed for me on 15th Feb 2017 and currently the USCIS processing times portal shows that the cases being worked on as of 30 June 2017 are for 1st March 2017.

The USCIS case status still shows " Case Received" for my case number. What is the best I can do ? 

My employer is saying that the current processing times is between 8 months - 1year and SR will be raised only after one year. Is there something I can do to expidite the process? Can I raise the SR with USCIS to know the update?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vipin

I believe premium processing has been suspended only for H1 stuff and not for I140 and it can be processed in premium. In that case you can upgrade it to premium. Check with your attorney

Archived