H4 extension- Fee Check was not signed for i-539 form submission

Anji Reddy

Hi, 

My wife's H4 VISA is getting expired on 8/21/2017 and I submitted the form i-539 on 08/10/2017 with all documents correct, but the fee check was not signed by mistake.  

Question 1: as the VISA/i-94 expiring on 8/21/2017, Can I go ahead with submitting the second set of documents without waiting for USCIS team to respond on my first application? Should I include any additional information in second application explaining why I am sending the 2nd one? 

Question 2: If I need to wait until USCIS respond to my application, and if their response is after 8/21/2017(i-94 expires), What should be the step that I need to take? Should my wife leave US on 8/21? or is it legal to stay in US and respond to the USCIS?  

Any quick help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks much in advance.

21 hours ago, Anji Reddy said:

Hi, 

My wife's H4 VISA is getting expired on 8/21/2017 and I submitted the form i-539 on 08/10/2017 with all documents correct, but the fee check was not signed by mistake.  

Question 1: as the VISA/i-94 expiring on 8/21/2017, Can I go ahead with submitting the second set of documents without waiting for USCIS team to respond on my first application? Should I include any additional information in second application explaining why I am sending the 2nd one? 

Question 2: If I need to wait until USCIS respond to my application, and if their response is after 8/21/2017(i-94 expires), What should be the step that I need to take? Should my wife leave US on 8/21? or is it legal to stay in US and respond to the USCIS?  

Any quick help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks much in advance.

I think they will deny the application saying check is not valid. Call customer care and see what can be done. Or else wait for the denial notice and prepare a letter explaining the situation to include when you file the second time.

Archived