H4 and EAD extension delay

DB

Hello,

I am currently on H4 with EAD since my spouse has an approved I-140. The current status expires in Sept 2017. I had filed for renewal with receipt date of June 8, 2017. 
My concern is:

1. I am currently working with the EAD and if the extension does not come back in time, what happens to my employment? Hold work?

2. My driving license will also naturally expire with my H4 status; if the extension does not come back, are there any provisions to be able to continue to drive?

3. Essentially, is there any process/provision to keep my status quo till i get the approved response?

4. Just to mention, I did have an H1B visa that I moved from, to H4 with EAD! 

Thanks

1 hour ago, DB said:

Hello,

I am currently on H4 with EAD since my spouse has an approved I-140. The current status expires in Sept 2017. I had filed for renewal with receipt date of June 8, 2017. 
My concern is:

1. I am currently working with the EAD and if the extension does not come back in time, what happens to my employment? Hold work?

2. My driving license will also naturally expire with my H4 status; if the extension does not come back, are there any provisions to be able to continue to drive?

3. Essentially, is there any process/provision to keep my status quo till i get the approved response?

Thanks

1. Need to stop working.

2. You need to find out from the state DMV.

3. Nothing right now.

4. You can move to H-1 but even that takes time as premium processing is on hold, but you will have to apply for H-4 and H-4 EAD again to use the EAD.

On 8/15/2017 at 0:04 PM, DB said:

Hello,

My concern is:

Thanks

I don't know how reliable this information is, but ******* website says 240 days grace period. You may want to check with USCIS. Check out the end of this page.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the the advise.

I called USCIS and spoke to the representative agent: to my specific question on the I539 extension of stay on my current H4 status, she read out that I was eligible to continue my employment for a period of 240 days so long as the extension was filed. And i have filed both in time. I asked her to repeat the sentence of continuing employment and she confirmed the same. She gave me the section 212a9b but that is for deferred action by DHS. 

I understand that EAD extension for category C26 is not eligible. But the above call and information certainly has me confused.

Please help.

Archived