H1B Stamping with 9 months I797 validity in India

YCS

I am working in Big US firm's IT department on full time basis on H1B, I am planning to travel to India in next 2-3 months and here are some of the details ,

1)    My current I 797 is valid until 07/26/2018 ( this is my H1B 6 year max out date too)
2)    I have visa stamped on my passport from my previous employer which expired on  07/16/2017(Last month)

If I go to India , I believe I will be eligible for Drop box option for visa stamping

My Questions are as below ,

1)    Do You recommend to Travel at all?

2)    Is it safe to Travel in September 2017 or October 2017 month considering less time left remaining on  I797 (as my  current I797 is valid until 07/26/2018)

3)    If you recommend to Travel please let me know what precautions (preparation of documentations etc.) do you suggest.

Thanks ,

YCS

11 hours ago, YCS said:

I am working in Big US firm's IT department on full time basis on H1B, I am planning to travel to India in next 2-3 months and here are some of the details ,

1)    My current I 797 is valid until 07/26/2018 ( this is my H1B 6 year max out date too)
2)    I have visa stamped on my passport from my previous employer which expired on  07/16/2017(Last month)

If I go to India , I believe I will be eligible for Drop box option for visa stamping

My Questions are as below ,

1)    Do You recommend to Travel at all?

2)    Is it safe to Travel in September 2017 or October 2017 month considering less time left remaining on  I797 (as my  current I797 is valid until 07/26/2018)

3)    If you recommend to Travel please let me know what precautions (preparation of documentations etc.) do you suggest.

Thanks ,

YCS

1. You can travel. No issues.

2. Time left on H-1 is not a risk.

3. Carry all the documents as you would be going for visa stamping.

Archived