Heading for H1B interview with new company, Guadalajara MX

seattle82

Hello

I got into Mexico for vacation on my old employers valid visa ( desi consultant / client vendor type of company relationships).  My new employer's ( a reputed company) H1B visa got approved and so I have decided to go for the visa stamping right away here in Guadalajara, MX.  I am to received the packet of documents from the company within 24 hours and have scheduled my interview for Monday Aug 14 2017.  I have had a couple of raps with the law (DUI reduced to reckless & a Disorderly conduct) but those have been cleared by the courts (2014) and I have the papers show casing this information.

Does anyone foresee a problem ? I have all my court papers & the reputed firms documents. 

Thank you 

13 hours ago, seattle82 said:

Hello

I got into Mexico for vacation on my old employers valid visa ( desi consultant / client vendor type of company relationships).  My new employer's ( a reputed company) H1B visa got approved and so I have decided to go for the visa stamping right away here in Guadalajara, MX.  I am to received the packet of documents from the company within 24 hours and have scheduled my interview for Monday Aug 14 2017.  I have had a couple of raps with the law (DUI reduced to reckless & a Disorderly conduct) but those have been cleared by the courts (2014) and I have the papers show casing this information.

Does anyone foresee a problem ? I have all my court papers & the reputed firms documents. 

Thank you 

No issues, but there are chances of 221G because of DUI. Be prepared for that.

On 8/11/2017 at 6:35 AM, shekar11# said:

No issues, but there are chances of 221G because of DUI. Be prepared for that.

#shekar11 I am clear on all counts with no DUIs on record. Misdemeanors only...2 of them. The last time I walked to the officer on an old employer case , they looked at my court papers and let me go. Why would it change this time ?

On 8/12/2017 at 2:51 PM, seattle82 said:

#shekar11 I am clear on all counts with no DUIs on record. Misdemeanors only...2 of them. The last time I walked to the officer on an old employer case , they looked at my court papers and let me go. Why would it change this time ?

It should not be different, but different visa officers look at the same case differently. That's why I was saying chances.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 5:17 PM, js606 said:

Hey man ! How did your interview go ? I hope it went smooth. I'm actually in the same boat except that i didn't schedule any H1B interview or any travel plans. Please, share your experience.

The old case with the 221 G still remains in Adm. Pr. I was lucky to get a new visa from new employer and I walked in & requested the consular worker to let me interview with the same officer who gave me the 221 G.  The officer recognized me and told me that she was thankful I got the reputed employers visa approved as the 221 G would have continued for a long time to come. My cases she told me were not a problem since I had cleared them in a proper fashion when in the US and had all documents ( I had talked to her about this when the 221 G was given  and so did not have to repeat myself this time and also that she remembered she told me I was all in the clear then). 5 minutes and done. 

Archived