Renewing Driver License with H1B Receipt Notice I-797C during H1B Extension- In Ohio State


Recommended Posts

Yes, You can certainly Renew your Driver License using H1B Receipt Notice I-797C. Again it depends on the state but most states do accept. In Ohio State they renew DL for 1 year with H1B Receipt Notice I-797C

Here are the Following documents needed in State of Ohio for Renewing Driver license with H1B Receipt Notice I-797C. 

  1. H1B Receipt Notice- I797C (Original. They don't accept Photo Copy)
  2. Employer Letter (Original, No Photo Copy)
  3. SSN Card
  4. Address Proof(Bank Statement, Utility Bill etc)

For reference- Here is the link from Ohio State University with Additional details in related to Renewing Driver License

Hope this helps. Good Luck! 





Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.