H1B RFE

sam1024

Good morning,

Thanks for all the valuable suggestions on this forum.

My H1B was filed in April this year. I received wage level 1 and Specialty Occupation RFE in mid july. H1b was filed for Applications Programmer (Computer Programmer) under Master’s cap.

My actual job duties relates to System Software Developer (15-1133) but SOC code on LCA filed on H1b petition was of Applications Programmer (15-1131). My company will have to respond to RFE with job duties of System Software Developer for Applications Programmer. They have some similar job duties; A System Software Developer works on embedded software and an Applications Programmer works on Computer Software. Do you think my application will get denied as the job duties doesn’t match with the SOC code? This is my second attempt to H1B and HR who was working on my case was unfortunately laid off. Your help is highly appreciated.

Also both System Software Developer (15-1133) and Applications Programmer (15-1131) fall under broad
15-1130 Software Developers and Programmers

15-1131 Computer Programmers
15-1132 Software Developers, Applications
15-1133 Software Developers, Systems Software
15-1134 Web Developers

Since they are similar SOC codes will there be any exception like they have for people whose I-485 is approved according to AC21.

Thank you,

• 3 months later...
On 8/8/2017 at 7:37 AM, sam1024 said:

Good morning,

Thanks for all the valuable suggestions on this forum.

My H1B was filed in April this year. I received wage level 1 and Specialty Occupation RFE in mid july. H1b was filed for Applications Programmer (Computer Programmer) under Master’s cap.

My actual job duties relates to System Software Developer (15-1133) but SOC code on LCA filed on H1b petition was of Applications Programmer (15-1131). My company will have to respond to RFE with job duties of System Software Developer for Applications Programmer. They have some similar job duties; A System Software Developer works on embedded software and an Applications Programmer works on Computer Software. Do you think my application will get denied as the job duties doesn’t match with the SOC code? This is my second attempt to H1B and HR who was working on my case was unfortunately laid off. Your help is highly appreciated.

Also both System Software Developer (15-1133) and Applications Programmer (15-1131) fall under broad

15-1131 Computer Programmers
15-1132 Software Developers, Applications
15-1133 Software Developers, Systems Software
15-1134 Web Developers

Since they are similar SOC codes will there be any exception like they have for people whose I-485 is approved according to AC21.

Thank you,

Hi there, what happened with your case?

Archived