H4 visa interview 221g

gautham13

My wife travelled back to India on her own H1B on July 27th and appeared for H4 visa interview on August 2 2017. She was questioned a few more about her Masters degree in the US and her work experience. Only couple of question (employer name and salary) about the H1B holder were asked.

At the end of the interview, she was told that her visa was approved. Then was also told that they had to do some documentation on their end and handed over a 221g with a case number. The 221g document does not have any of the boxes selected. (It is an empty 221g with a Case number).

The VO said that she can collect the passport about 2 weeks later.  The https://ceac.state.gov website for tracking shows that the case is under administrative processing.

Could you please provide some information regarding,

1. Since the VO said the Visa was issued and asked for the passport, how should issuing the 221g be uderstood.

2. Have you encountered similar situations in the past.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2017 at 6:56 AM, gautham13 said:

My wife travelled back to India on her own H1B on July 27th and appeared for H4 visa interview on August 2 2017. She was questioned a few more about her Masters degree in the US and her work experience. Only couple of question (employer name and salary) about the H1B holder were asked.

At the end of the interview, she was told that her visa was approved. Then was also told that they had to do some documentation on their end and handed over a 221g with a case number. The 221g document does not have any of the boxes selected. (It is an empty 221g with a Case number).

The VO said that she can collect the passport about 2 weeks later.  The https://ceac.state.gov website for tracking shows that the case is under administrative processing.

Could you please provide some information regarding,

1. Since the VO said the Visa was issued and asked for the passport, how should issuing the 221g be uderstood.

2. Have you encountered similar situations in the past.

Hello,

Is your issue resolved? I am also in same situation but my wife went for F-OPT to H4 visa stamping and VO asked only copy of I-797 of spouse and marriage certificate and gave it back. VO didn't gave any 221g form.

VO said your visa was approved but since you are in F1 visa , we need to some additional verification on Sevis. when i checked status case is under administrative processing.

How long it will take for you to update the case? Appreciate for you response.

Archived