H1-B stamping in Canada

sameer1310

Hello Team, 

I am planning to go to Canada for H1-B visa stamping. I have been reading blogs and forums about success stories regarding H1-B stamping in Canada, but also there are lot of folks discouraging to go for the same. 

I prefer to go to Toronto, with Ottawa and Montreal being second choices. I have also seen that Toronto has been discouraged a lot on several forums. 

Both me and my wife have been getting visa stamped in India just fine, and we have been with the same employers for 5/6 years. 

Would like to get feedback about how safe it is and has someone gone recently to Toronto/ Ottawa/ Montreal and did not get any 221-G.

Please advise, thanks in advance. 

7 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

You said you are planning to go Canada for H1B stamping. So I guess you might already in US and started working for an employer in that your home will be USA. Please be clear whats your current situation accordingly you must write. I always keep my US address as home address.

thanks a lot. yeah, i am in the US. i mentioned my current home address in the US in the application.

Had my L1 Extension stamped in 2014 from Ottowa. No issues. (33 months in India and then 36 months in US before getting this done)

Am still with same employer. Came to Vancouver to get H1B stamped (I797 valid until 2020). Got 221g. Was asked send my complete resume by email. Visa office said they want to find out more about my masters degree in india (Its from an IIT!).

Stuck here since 3 weeks now!

10 hours ago, mtvnjoy said:

Had my L1 Extension stamped in 2014 from Ottowa. No issues. (33 months in India and then 36 months in US before getting this done)

Am still with same employer. Came to Vancouver to get H1B stamped (I797 valid until 2020). Got 221g. Was asked send my complete resume by email. Visa office said they want to find out more about my masters degree in india (Its from an IIT!).

Stuck here since 3 weeks now!

Since its checking in India it will take some time. Since you are from IIT I guess no problems there. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

UPDATE:

The application was approved on August 30th and I returned to US the next day.

The only strange thing that happened was that the visa was stamped for 2 years instead of the typical 3 years period ending as per the I129 approval notice.

I asked the consulate office in this regard and they mentioned that all applications going into 'Administrative' processing get only a 2 year visa stamp. Now I don't know if this is across the board or only at the Vancouver US Embassy.

Archived