H1B Stamping - Need Urgent Help

Dear Friends,

I came to US in a F1 visa and have been working under H1B since 2009. I went for my stamping during my first trip to India in 2011 and got held up for two months (221g). After clearing all the inquiries, I got my visa stamp issued with an expiry date of September 2013. I returned to US and in 2012 changed my employer who had applied for visa extension while transferring myh1.

Below are my H1b visa details:

Feb 2009 – Nov 2012 = Employer A

Nov 2012 – Sept 2015 = Employer B

Sept 2015 - Feb 2017 = Employer B

Feb 2017 - Feb 2020 = Employer B

H1B Stamping expired = Sept 2013

I am planning to head to India this month and wanted to know following things. When I read online its says a person is available if the past visa shall not be more than a year ago.

1. Should I go to the consulate to get my new visa stamping? I prefer avoiding the process since I fear getting stuck again in 221g or am I eligible for drop box?

Your feedback and advice on my queries will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

you will need to go to the consulate since your visa expired more than a year ago. Go ahead and book your appointment, it will guide to the appropriate interview method. Based on your answers if you are eligible, the system will send you to dropbox or else to the consulate

On 8/1/2017 at 2:23 PM, shk arsh H1 Stamping said:

Dear Friends,

I came to US in a F1 visa and have been working under H1B since 2009. I went for my stamping during my first trip to India in 2011 and got held up for two months (221g). After clearing all the inquiries, I got my visa stamp issued with an expiry date of September 2013. I returned to US and in 2012 changed my employer who had applied for visa extension while transferring myh1.

Below are my H1b visa details:

Feb 2009 – Nov 2012 = Employer A

Nov 2012 – Sept 2015 = Employer B

Sept 2015 - Feb 2017 = Employer B

Feb 2017 - Feb 2020 = Employer B

H1B Stamping expired = Sept 2013

I am planning to head to India this month and wanted to know following things. When I read online its says a person is available if the past visa shall not be more than a year ago.

1. Should I go to the consulate to get my new visa stamping? I prefer avoiding the process since I fear getting stuck again in 221g or am I eligible for drop box?

Your feedback and advice on my queries will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You are not eligible for Dropbox.  No need to fear as long as you have all the documents.

Archived