Amendment for H4 to H1, few doubts

Adigetit

Hi, 

Initial situation-

My wife got an approved H1 visa with her employer since Nov 2016. However her H4 visa got extended after that  in Jan 2017 along with my H1 (as she came on H4 initially and we filed her extension as well). So as per last action rule she went back on H4 from Jan 2017 till date

Question-

Now she has to go back on H1 visa. Please let me know:

A) The time it takes to file an amendment

B) Number of days it takes for the receipt number to come after the filing is done.

Also do we have to wait for the final approval or can start working as soon as receipt number comes?

Thanks for your help

On 7/28/2017 at 11:36 AM, Adigetit said:

Hi, 

Initial situation-

My wife got an approved H1 visa with her employer since Nov 2016. However her H4 visa got extended after that  in Jan 2017 along with my H1 (as she came on H4 initially and we filed her extension as well). So as per last action rule she went back on H4 from Jan 2017 till date

Question-

Now she has to go back on H1 visa. Please let me know:

A) The time it takes to file an amendment

B) Number of days it takes for the receipt number to come after the filing is done.

Also do we have to wait for the final approval or can start working as soon as receipt number comes?

Thanks for your help

A) It will be a new H-1 again that needs to be filed by an employer. Not an amendment.

B) May be 3 weeks.

Yes, you need to wait for approval to start working because it is a change of status.

Archived