STEM OPT Extension (24 months) - RFE

hello999

RFE  -  BONA FIDE EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP:

A student seeking to qualify for a 24-month STEM OPT extension must be a bona fide employee of the employer signing the Form I-983, Training Plan for STEM OPT Students. Please submit a copy of your Form I-983, submitted to your DSO and signed by your employer, in support of your request for the STEM OPT extension. Submit evidence of your employment including: signed letter(s) from employer(s) establishing job title(s), duties, location, pay rate, and number of hours worked per week; copies of your earning statements/pay stuba; and/or copies of your W-2s.

NOTE: Students may not provide employer attestations on their own behalf.

Hi All, can any one please let me know about this RFE. my university DSO said no need to send form I-983 when i was sending OPT extension application to USCIS. i got sign from employer and sent to just DSO. But now USCIS asking it. i will send that.

Questions:

1) i have been working on contract job and there are two vendors bet ween my employer and end client. should employer mention all these in employer letter or he can just mention work location? if vendors and client names are mentioned in employer letter then again i need to ask letter from each vendor and then client.  i don't want to complicate it. 

2) Paystubs: how many months paystubs should i send. i had previous year one W-2. should i send W-2 too?

do you guys see any complexity in this RFE. please advise me. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived