H1B Transfer – Change of employer without I-797A approval in normal processing

dipjyoti

Hi, I have a quick question. I am currently employed Full Time and my first 3 year H1B term , I-797A is valid till Sep 7, 2017. I have accepted Full Time position from another employer and they have submitted H1B transfer and change of employer petition to USCIS. Since premium processing is on hold, they could apply only in normal processing. The petition was received by USCIS on May 11, 2017 and the employment date mentioned in the new petition is from May 30, 2017 onwards. I have not received the Receipt Notice yet.  I-797A approval under normal processing would take approx 6-8 months. I can't wait that long to join the new company. If I join the new company on May 30, 2017 can there be any issues in future? I will be employed with my current company till May 26, 2017. I might have to serve another two weeks’ notice period if they ask.

I would really appreciate if anyone can provide opinion on this.

Thank You.

1 hour ago, dipjyoti said:

Hi, I have a quick question. I am currently employed Full Time and my first 3 year H1B term , I-797A is valid till Sep 7, 2017. I have accepted Full Time position from another employer and they have submitted H1B transfer and change of employer petition to USCIS. Since premium processing is on hold, they could apply only in normal processing. The petition was received by USCIS on May 11, 2017 and the employment date mentioned in the new petition is from May 30, 2017 onwards. I have not received the Receipt Notice yet.  I-797A approval under normal processing would take approx 6-8 months. I can't wait that long to join the new company. If I join the new company on May 30, 2017 can there be any issues in future? I will be employed with my current company till May 26, 2017. I might have to serve another two weeks’ notice period if they ask.

I would really appreciate if anyone can provide opinion on this.

Thank You.

You can join the new employer with USCIS receipt and it is up to you.

Archived