H1B Query in visa stamping on sevis violation

gupta4848

Hello,

I am woking on my H1b visa and went for renewal. As soon as the visa officer scanned my passport, he said i did a sevis violation and could not issue the visa. I told him that I did not violated any rules, was in a legal status and was ready to show all my documents. Right now this is my stamping for H1b visa extension, because i have already got my stamping in earlier for the same category of visa. He said he is going to check with Customs border and protection and will update me accordingly. Did any one face this issue earlier and can i know how long will it take to process or what would be the process to resolve this kind issues. I searched online and i did not see any information in regards to sevis violation.

Any information would be really helpful.

Thanks,

• 6 months later...
On 5/16/2017 at 7:41 AM, gupta4848 said:

Hello,

I am woking on my H1b visa and went for renewal. As soon as the visa officer scanned my passport, he said i did a sevis violation and could not issue the visa. I told him that I did not violated any rules, was in a legal status and was ready to show all my documents. Right now this is my stamping for H1b visa extension, because i have already got my stamping in earlier for the same category of visa. He said he is going to check with Customs border and protection and will update me accordingly. Did any one face this issue earlier and can i know how long will it take to process or what would be the process to resolve this kind issues. I searched online and i did not see any information in regards to sevis violation.

Any information would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Did you get any update on this?

I got the same query related to this

• 10 months later...

Archived