valid H1?

tejasP

I am on H1-B with 9 years of stay already in USA and having approved I140 in EB2. Recently got 3 years extension till 2020 based on I140.

1, For family reasons If I go back to India in 2018 and stop working for US h1 sponsored employer, will my H1 till 2020 will be cancel once I am in India?

2, if somehow I continue working for US H1 sponsored employer from India, will my H1 till 2020 will be valid and I can reenter US in 2020?

3, Will approved I 140, is it possible to apply H1 extension while you are in India? If yes, what’s risk factors?

1) it doesnt matter if its cancelled or not, if u r not working for same employer, that visa is no good.

2) yes it will be valid.

3) yes you can, it will be not an extension, but a cap-exempt h1b on basis of I140. No more risk than doing it from USA. it will depend on you h1b application. 

Thanks Rohan.

For #2, If I work for H1 sponsored employer from India and get paid in India (Rs). as Indian employee, still my H1 valid till 2020 and I can reenter US prior 2020?

#4, while I am in India, will that affect my GC process in any ways, I am having approved 140 and waiting for priority date. Can I apply for EAD in case my date comes while I am in INDIA?

If I work for US employer on H1 and go to India for around 3 months and continue working for US employer as remote from India and get paid by US employer in US normally. Will that be a problem?

Thanks for your response, while I am making an important decision for my career.

You have to check with your Company's legal team as they will pay you in USD while you are not in country can actually create  tax issue for them & companies usually dont agree to setup you suggesting . Big companies usually pay the same money you getting in US in local currency if you working for them remotely for a long period.

Archived