H1B Extension from Old Company & H1B Transfer to a New Company at the same time

vishwa_84

Hello,

I am currently in company A and my H1B is expiring in Nov 2017. I am planning to quit this company and join company B in about 2 months. I do not want to delay my H1B extension from company A at the same time. As you all know H1B premium processing has been cancelled at this point in time. This means when I join company B in about 2 months, I could have 2 H1B applications - extension from company A and transfer to company B pending with the USCIS. Is this okay? If not, could you please suggest what could I do here?

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 0:04 PM, vishwa_84 said:

Hello,

I am currently in company A and my H1B is expiring in Nov 2017. I am planning to quit this company and join company B in about 2 months. I do not want to delay my H1B extension from company A at the same time. As you all know H1B premium processing has been cancelled at this point in time. This means when I join company B in about 2 months, I could have 2 H1B applications - extension from company A and transfer to company B pending with the USCIS. Is this okay? If not, could you please suggest what could I do here?

Your company B petition can have extended period of time based on how they file it. In that case extension from company A is not required. You can start working for company B once you have receipt notice if you want.

Archived