October 2011 Visa appointment Hyderabad Tracker!!

ra_grand

Guys, We need to submit some documents to the VFS office in hyderabad before the interview right? I have a question..one of the document is the letter to USCIS, so should i take the letter that my HR gave to the attorney telling the job requirements and everything and asking the USCIS for the H1. Is this the letter that they are talking about.

Originally posted by ra_grand:

Guys, October first week dates are open till the 7th! I just saw it for Hyderabad and booked it. Oct 6th is a holiday for Dusherra. So we have 3,4,5,7. Just information to help you guys out. Thanks.

I think it is the cover letter your attorney/employer submitted to USCIS for your H1B extension/approval. It describes your employer, job requirements, your background etc.

Hi Every one,

First of all , I wanted to thank you everyone who are sharing their experiences , ideas and suggestions in this forum.

Right now, I am on L2 EAD status and working in reputed organization as full time employee. They applied my H1B in premium processing and I am waiting for decision from USCIS.

We (family) are am planning to come India to attend family function in end of October. So, I am planning to take an Visa appointment end of October or 1st week of November.

As this my first time H1B visa interview , I would like get help from you on my below questions.

Please reply to my questions. I really appreciate your help.

1. My old passport was issued at Hyderabad and new one was issued in Chicago, In that case Do I need get visa appointment in Hyderabad ? or Is it flexible to get appointment anywhere in India?

2. Please let me know what are all other documents required from employer and me along with I-797, LCA, pay stubs, W2 form for visa stamping?

3. I am not sure whether I can apply visa interview from Canada or Mexico as I am appearing first time for H1B visa and I didn't do my Masters in USA ?

Please excuse if questions doesn't make sense and correct me if my understanding is wrong...

Thanks,

Ganesh.

• 3 weeks later...

@vidhya 18

My interview did not go as expected. As they say some amount of luck is involved along with lot of preparation. I was prepared with every kind of document they have asked before and I could think of. But luck was not in my favor and to some extent it was expected being on the EVC boat.

The officer I faced was very severe, my interview lasted for about 15 mins.

VO: Whom do you work for? A: XYZ

VO: Who is the client? A: ABC

VO: How many people from your company work at the client site? A: just one, me

VO: Do you have the client letter? A: Gave

He read the whole client letter for 1-3 minutes.

VO: Is there a vendor in between? A: Yes, PQR

VO: How many employees from the Vendor work at your site? A: Don't know, I have nothing to do with the vendor.

VO; Whom do you report to? A: My manager from XYZ

VO: Who assigns you daily tasks? A: Manager from the client site but I report my status to both my manager and client manager?

VO: How do you report to your manager? A: Weekly status report,etc

VO: Who provides you tools for your work? A: My employer provides infrastructure etc the client provides some proprietary software.

VO: Based on your answers and your situation, I can not give you a visa. I will request USCIS to "reaffirm" your case. I am not satisfied that your employer has sufficient control over you.

Me: So is my visa denied?

VO: No, I just have to verify USCIS is aware of the EVC situation blah blah. [My client letter, vendor letter, USCIS letter, LCA, I129 petition everything are in sync and talk about EVC model and client location as work location].

Me: Sir, can you atleast give me a time frame as I own a home there and am responsible for my mortgage. I will need to decide on foreclosing or making some arrangements based on the timeframe.

VO: I will give you a case number and you can track your case with that but I don't know how long it will take.

He gave me a blue form with "Admin Processing" marked on it. He also said they do not need any additional documentation from me.

I have a vague feeling that he is revoking my visa but am not sure as he used the word "reaffirm" and did not give me a denial letter.

Guyz any thoughts?

@vidhya 18

My interview did not go as expected. As they say some amount of luck is involved along with lot of preparation. I was prepared with every kind of document they have asked before and I could think of. But luck was not in my favor and to some extent it was expected being on the EVC boat.

The officer I faced was very severe, my interview lasted for about 15 mins.

VO: Whom do you work for? A: XYZ

VO: Who is the client? A: ABC

VO: How many people from your company work at the client site? A: just one, me

VO: Do you have the client letter? A: Gave

He read the whole client letter for 1-3 minutes.

VO: Is there a vendor in between? A: Yes, PQR

VO: How many employees from the Vendor work at your site? A: Don't know, I have nothing to do with the vendor.

VO; Whom do you report to? A: My manager from XYZ

VO: Who assigns you daily tasks? A: Manager from the client site but I report my status to both my manager and client manager?

VO: How do you report to your manager? A: Weekly status report,etc

VO: Who provides you tools for your work? A: My employer provides infrastructure etc the client provides some proprietary software.

VO: Based on your answers and your situation, I can not give you a visa. I will request USCIS to "reaffirm" your case. I am not satisfied that your employer has sufficient control over you.

Me: So is my visa denied?

VO: No, I just have to verify USCIS is aware of the EVC situation blah blah. [My client letter, vendor letter, USCIS letter, LCA, I129 petition everything are in sync and talk about EVC model and client location as work location].

Me: Sir, can you atleast give me a time frame as I own a home there and am responsible for my mortgage. I will need to decide on foreclosing or making some arrangements based on the timeframe.

VO: I will give you a case number and you can track your case with that but I don't know how long it will take.

He gave me a blue form with "Admin Processing" marked on it. He also said they do not need any additional documentation from me.

I have a vague feeling that he is revoking my visa but am not sure as he used the word "reaffirm" and did not give me a denial letter.

Guyz any thoughts?

If you are working for the same client on which your H1 was approved...i think USCIS will give a Positive feedback...This is compleately based on what i feel looking at some of my friends cases..i might be wrong..

Archived