Visa Stamping confusion

pat1988

Hi,

I need some advise. My received my H1B October 2016 and I was laid off Jan 27th 2017. The company revoked my H1B. I got a full time after 1.5 months while i was on the grace period and applied for h1b Transfer with a full time company. It got approved on premium processing. In the new H1B copy the I 94 is not present. I am told to get my visa stamped and re-enter the country. I have a couple of questions. 

1) Why is my I 94 not carried over? 

2)This is my first time getting visa stamped, can i go to canada for the stamping? Considering this option because I just joined the company and cannot really take a vacation.

Please help.

14 hours ago, pat1988 said:

Hi,

I need some advise. My received my H1B October 2016 and I was laid off Jan 27th 2017. The company revoked my H1B. I got a full time after 1.5 months while i was on the grace period and applied for h1b Transfer with a full time company. It got approved on premium processing. In the new H1B copy the I 94 is not present. I am told to get my visa stamped and re-enter the country. I have a couple of questions. 

1) Why is my I 94 not carried over? 

2)This is my first time getting visa stamped, can i go to canada for the stamping? Considering this option because I just joined the company and cannot really take a vacation.

Please help.

1. Not sure. Check with your attorney.

2. Yes, you can go to Canada.

Archived