Visa approved, status page says "Administrative processing"

prakp

Hi,

Visa Officer asked me questions on my work, education, salary. He went inside and appeared to take a copy of my I797. He said my Visa is
approved. But CEC visa status page says "administrative processing". Could this be a PIMS issue? 

Please note I travelled to India while H1b transfer was pending. 

03/27 - H1b transfer petition (premium) applied
04/08 - Came to India for a emergency visit
04/10 - H1b transfer petition approved
04/27 - Visa stamping at Chennai, VO said my visa approved, CEC page says AP.

I will share this with my new employer's attorney, but should I also inform my current employer (haven't resigned yet)?

Any thoughts, please share.

Thanks,
Prakash

6 hours ago, prakp said:

Hi,

Visa Officer asked me questions on my work, education, salary. He went inside and appeared to take a copy of my I797. He said my Visa is
approved. But CEC visa status page says "administrative processing". Could this be a PIMS issue? 

Please note I travelled to India while H1b transfer was pending. 

03/27 - H1b transfer petition (premium) applied
04/08 - Came to India for a emergency visit
04/10 - H1b transfer petition approved
04/27 - Visa stamping at Chennai, VO said my visa approved, CEC page says AP.

I will share this with my new employer's attorney, but should I also inform my current employer (haven't resigned yet)?

Any thoughts, please share.

Thanks,
Prakash

Check the status today. They might be in the process of printing visa on passport. My friend's visa was approved and status showed as AP for one day and next day it was changed to passport ready for pickup.

I got my passport with Visa stamp today. Sharing my experience:

04/26 - visa appointment - visa approved - but status page says "Administrative processing"

04/28 - AP update

05/03 - visa issued

05/04 - got passport back in Bangalore

I was worried and lost so much time researching about AP in forums (and reading some odd stories),

checking status sometimes as frequently as every hour. When the officer has said "Approved',  you are likely

to get, be patient, send polite enquiry to ustravel docs when necessary.

Archived