F1 OPT -Apllied H1B and H4 same time.

lvr sana

Hi,

I am on F1 OPT Extension and applied H1 and H4 applications almost same time as my OPT is valid till June 27th.

I applied H4 with EAD as my husbands company thinks i will be out of status from June 27th. I got my H4 and H4 EAD approved now. Even though mentioned in application that start date should be June 27th, uscis approved H4 and H4 EAD last week and gave approved date as start date.

My employer filed H1B for me this year as well (Still not picked-status unknown ).

Could you please let me know what happens to my H1B, if picked ? Will it be still valid?

Could you please advise any. Thank you very much!

2 hours ago, lvr sana said:

Hi,

I am on F1 OPT Extension and applied H1 and H4 applications almost same time as my OPT is valid till June 27th.

I applied H4 with EAD as my husbands company thinks i will be out of status from June 27th. I got my H4 and H4 EAD approved now. Even though mentioned in application that start date should be June 27th, uscis approved H4 and H4 EAD last week and gave approved date as start date.

My employer filed H1B for me this year as well (Still not picked-status unknown ).

Could you please let me know what happens to my H1B, if picked ? Will it be still valid?

Could you please advise any. Thank you very much!

Yes. It will be valid. You might not get a change of status approved.

6 hours ago, shekar11# said:

Yes. It will be valid. You might not get a change of status approved.

Hello Shekar,

Thank you so much for the response. So, it means my H1 might not be approved? If so, will there be any chance to refile/transfer my H1 in this year? or Again, we should apply in next year quota? Please advise.

14 hours ago, lvr sana said:

Hello Shekar,

Thank you so much for the response. So, it means my H1 might not be approved? If so, will there be any chance to refile/transfer my H1 in this year? or Again, we should apply in next year quota? Please advise.

Your H-1 might be approved. But your change of status from F-1 to H-1 will be abandoned. So you need to apply for that again.

• 10 months later...

Archived