H1-B question - Returning to US after 5 years

Pi Saab

Hi,

I had done my MS in engineering in US, worked on H1-B, and my company had applied for my green card on EB-3. I received I-485 and I-140 over 5 years back (in 2011). I returned back to India voluntarily after this, and have worked in different companies in India ever since. I am now planning to return back to US to the same company that processed my green card (at a higher designation).

I had a few questions regarding the return:

(1) My H1-B has expired and my firm will have to reapply for the H1-B. Will my H1-B visa be processed in any quota (65,000 or 20,000 with Masters), or will there be no quota restriction for me?

(2) Are there any risks in receiving an approval for the H1-B?

(3) How long does the H1-B visa approval and stamping typically take?

Thanks very much in advance for your inputs! Will appreciate a quick reply.

Regards,

me.

6 hours ago, Pi Saab said:

Hi,

I had done my MS in engineering in US, worked on H1-B, and my company had applied for my green card on EB-3. I received I-485 and I-140 over 5 years back (in 2011). I returned back to India voluntarily after this, and have worked in different companies in India ever since. I am now planning to return back to US to the same company that processed my green card (at a higher designation).

I had a few questions regarding the return:

(1) My H1-B has expired and my firm will have to reapply for the H1-B. Will my H1-B visa be processed in any quota (65,000 or 20,000 with Masters), or will there be no quota restriction for me?

(2) Are there any risks in receiving an approval for the H1-B?

(3) How long does the H1-B visa approval and stamping typically take?

Thanks very much in advance for your inputs! Will appreciate a quick reply.

Regards,

me.

1. You don't need to go through quota since you have an approved I-140.

2. No.

3. Normal process is around 6 months. Premium is around 2 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, would I still be able to apply for premium processing of H1-B? I thought USCIS had suspended all premium processing, including petitions that may be cap-exempt. If there is any way to still apply for premium processing, please let me know.

Thanks very much!

On 4/26/2017 at 1:35 AM, shekar11# said:

1. You don't need to go through quota since you have an approved I-140.

2. No.

3. Normal process is around 6 months. Premium is around 2 months.

On 5/5/2017 at 8:59 PM, Pi Saab said:

Hi, would I still be able to apply for premium processing of H1-B? I thought USCIS had suspended all premium processing, including petitions that may be cap-exempt. If there is any way to still apply for premium processing, please let me know.

Thanks very much!

USCIS suspended premium processing. I just gave you a timeline.

Archived