H4 extension filing options ( H1 extension receipt not received yet )

saikab

Hi,

My H1 extension is filed, while my family's H4 extension was not filed along with H1 etxn. The I-94 is valid till 9May. I'm not sure when the H1 extn receipt will be acknowledged.  What are my options to have my family's H4 extn. before I-94 validity expires

1. Can I withdraw my extn. petition and re-file H1 extn. along with I-539. If not possible to withdraw, can I make another petition with I-539 (all with same employer)

2. Is it possible to reference 797 receipt no.(current & about to expire) for filing I-539 just to be sure that extn is filed within valid I-94 stay. 

3. What are my options if a scenario arises where extension receipt number is not received before I-94 expiry (and avoid travel/reentry). 

Any suggestions deeply appreciated.

On 4/13/2017 at 11:43 PM, saikab said:

Hi,

My H1 extension is filed, while my family's H4 extension was not filed along with H1 etxn. The I-94 is valid till 9May. I'm not sure when the H1 extn receipt will be acknowledged.  What are my options to have my family's H4 extn. before I-94 validity expires

1. Can I withdraw my extn. petition and re-file H1 extn. along with I-539. If not possible to withdraw, can I make another petition with I-539 (all with same employer)

2. Is it possible to reference 797 receipt no.(current & about to expire) for filing I-539 just to be sure that extn is filed within valid I-94 stay. 

3. What are my options if a scenario arises where extension receipt number is not received before I-94 expiry (and avoid travel/reentry). 

Any suggestions deeply appreciated.

Contact your employer's attorney.

Archived