Stem Extension - form I-983

kv3003

Hi Friends, I am currently working in my first 12 month of OPT but I got a better opportunity in a bank. It will be starting in Aug 30th, which is when my 12 month OPT also expiring. In order to apply for 24 month extension, the Bank HR said they cannot fill the form as part of the company policy. can anyone please suggest some advice in this situation? I really like the role and responsibilities there, that would suit my best interest. Can I go ahead for the extension with my current employer and then move to Bank in August?

On 4/7/2017 at 8:39 PM, kv3003 said:

Hi Friends, I am currently working in my first 12 month of OPT but I got a better opportunity in a bank. It will be starting in Aug 30th, which is when my 12 month OPT also expiring. In order to apply for 24 month extension, the Bank HR said they cannot fill the form as part of the company policy. can anyone please suggest some advice in this situation? I really like the role and responsibilities there, that would suit my best interest. Can I go ahead for the extension with my current employer and then move to Bank in August?

Even if you apply for extension now with current company you still have to inform DSO and file a new I-983 form with USCIS when you start working with the Bank. At that time also you will have same problem. There is no alternative for this situation.

Archived