H1B Transfer without receiving a paycheck

Himamsu

I recently graduated with a Master's degree and currently working on OPT. I have an offer from a new employer X (future employer) and he is willing to put me up for this year's H1 visa sponsorship and I will be officially employed from Oct 1st after receiving the H1. In the meantime, if I get a better opportunity like in August from employer Y and my H1 get's picked in the lottery system with employer X, can I transfer my H1 without even working with the employer X who has filed my H1 visa (not getting any pay checks). Please provide me solutions to resolve this case. 

In the above case, If I receive an H1 with Supply Chain Management role from employer X and my new employer offers me a Quality Engineer role both related to my course of study. Will it cause any issues/RFE?

Please help me with this situation. 

he is willing, or he already applied for H1b? this week was the last week to apply for this years lottery. So not sure if your application will be in for this years lottery.

It will be hard/near impossible to work for Y, without joining X first. 

2 hours ago, rohang said:

he is willing, or he already applied for H1b? this week was the last week to apply for this years lottery. So not sure if your application will be in for this years lottery.

It will be hard/near impossible to work for Y, without joining X first. 

Hmm, the new H1 application window starts next week, on April 3. If the quota fills in the first 5 days, all applications filed during the 5 days are in the lottery. If the quota doesn't fill that early, only applications filed at the day the quota fills are in the lottery.

Of course, there first needs to be an LCA, which also takes some time (and it can be filed before April.)

And it is indeed not possible to transfer an H1 if the person hasn't worked for the original employer who filed the H1.

Archived