H4 Extension Issue

BeharaVenkata

My Employer applied H4 extension without cheque which I came to know after 1.5 month.  Mean while I have called USCIS 5 times and every time I got response that it will take time. Luckily 6th time one of the USCIS agent asked me to talk to Immigration officer from there I came to know cheque is missing.

I have communicated to Employer to re-apply again, however attorney asked my spouse to travel India for fresh stamping because of I94 expiry.

This entire episode took 60 days and she is travelling to India this week. My question is will it a problem during stamping?

My H1B is in premium processing and I should hear an update in a week. Staying 60 days without valid visa will cause any issue in future?

Please guide me on this

23 hours ago, BeharaVenkata said:

My Employer applied H4 extension without cheque which I came to know after 1.5 month.  Mean while I have called USCIS 5 times and every time I got response that it will take time. Luckily 6th time one of the USCIS agent asked me to talk to Immigration officer from there I came to know cheque is missing.

I have communicated to Employer to re-apply again, however attorney asked my spouse to travel India for fresh stamping because of I94 expiry.

This entire episode took 60 days and she is travelling to India this week. My question is will it a problem during stamping?

My H1B is in premium processing and I should hear an update in a week. Staying 60 days without valid visa will cause any issue in future?

Please guide me on this

No issues. You can show that you applied for H-4 extension. Receipt copy should be fine.

Archived