H1-B Grace Period Almost ending, Help needed

pat1988

I received my H1B on October 2016 , I have my I 94 valid until 2019. My project ended on Jan 27th abruptly. My employer revoked the h1b. I received an offer on March 17th, My 60 days grace period would end on March 28th.

1) I am at the end of 60 days, do you think my employer will be able to file my transfer on time?

2) If the transfer is applied , may be on the 62nd day, am I out of status? Can my employer still apply for transfer and will USCIS accept the transfer?

3) Someone mentioned to me that I have to go with the counselor process, Will I need to go back to India and get my passport stamped and then come back? 

Thank you, looking forward to your response. 

On 3/21/2017 at 1:36 AM, pat1988 said:

I received my H1B on October 2016 , I have my I 94 valid until 2019. My project ended on Jan 27th abruptly. My employer revoked the h1b. I received an offer on March 17th, My 60 days grace period would end on March 28th.

1) I am at the end of 60 days, do you think my employer will be able to file my transfer on time?

2) If the transfer is applied , may be on the 62nd day, am I out of status? Can my employer still apply for transfer and will USCIS accept the transfer?

3) Someone mentioned to me that I have to go with the counselor process, Will I need to go back to India and get my passport stamped and then come back? 

Thank you, looking forward to your response. 

1. He should be able to.

2. Couple of days should be fine.

3. Not necessary. You need to go out only if you don't get I-94 attached to your I-797.

Archived