Reg. L1 status change when applying H1 Visa

mukesh132

Hello:

I had L1-A Visa (expired in Jan 17) and I am outside of USA since Apr 15th 2016.  I got couple of questions related to L1 and H1 Visa.

- Can I file H1B on Apr3rd 2017 (I will still have few days left to complete 1 year ourside of USA) to refresh the cycle for next 6 years?

- There is possibility that I would like to return back in USA on L1-A Visa (around Nov-Dec 2017 to continue in same company) . if my H1B petition is picked up and approved then can I still go on L1-A Visa to US (if I don't go for H1B stamping).

- Do I need to show my H1 filing while extending L1-A Visa (that I have filed H1B and my petition is approved).

- What is the safest deal here, on the way to secure the L1-A Visa (with existing Visa) and apply new H1B visa (to have safe side).

Regards,

Thanks for your response. it's good to go with L1A and apply GC but I am not getting endurance from company so was trying to see different options. Could you please response on my original query and related questions:

Hello:

I had L1-A Visa (expired in Jan 17) and I am outside of USA since Apr 15th 2016.  I got couple of questions related to L1 and H1 Visa.

- Can I file H1B on Apr3rd 2017 (I will still have few days left to complete 1 year ourside of USA) to refresh the cycle for next 6 years?

- There is possibility that I would like to return back in USA on L1-A Visa (around Nov-Dec 2017 to continue in same company) . if my H1B petition is picked up and approved then can I still go on L1-A Visa to US (if I don't go for H1B stamping).

- Do I need to show my H1 filing while extending L1-A Visa (that I have filed H1B and my petition is approved).

- What is the safest deal here, on the way to secure the L1-A Visa (with existing Visa) and apply new H1B visa (to have safe side).

Regards,

Archived