H1B and Canadian Permanent Resident

Sivabalan75

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident holding India Passport and I work for a company that is present in both US and Canada. I have a valid H1B stamp on my Indian passport till Dec 2017 which is sponsored by my employer and I was commuting daily for work last year till Dec 2016 from Windsor, Canada to to Detroit, US and later I got transferred back to Canada Operations in Jan 2017, but I will be transferred again to US in July 2017 after completing this project in Canada. Now my question is, can I apply for B1 and go to US on a personal trip? If I apply for B1 now, will that cancel my H1 ? 

On 3/20/2017 at 9:47 AM, Sivabalan75 said:

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident holding India Passport and I work for a company that is present in both US and Canada. I have a valid H1B stamp on my Indian passport till Dec 2017 which is sponsored by my employer and I was commuting daily for work last year till Dec 2016 from Windsor, Canada to to Detroit, US and later I got transferred back to Canada Operations in Jan 2017, but I will be transferred again to US in July 2017 after completing this project in Canada. Now my question is, can I apply for B1 and go to US on a personal trip? If I apply for B1 now, will that cancel my H1 ? 

They will cancel other visa sometimes. It is up to the officer.

Archived