Only H4 Stamping in Canada?

LoanSurvivor

Hi I am principal H1B holder and I got my extension approved until Sept 2019. My wife's H4 is valid until August 19th 2017. We would like to check if it is possible for only her to travel to Canada (she already has visitor visa) and get H4 stamping based on my new I797? What would be best option go to India or Canada? We are opting for stamping instead of I539 as it is taking a lot of time and also her H4 EAD expires in Aug 19 which we have to renew before that.

On 3/19/2017 at 8:42 PM, LoanSurvivor said:

Hi I am principal H1B holder and I got my extension approved until Sept 2019. My wife's H4 is valid until August 19th 2017. We would like to check if it is possible for only her to travel to Canada (she already has visitor visa) and get H4 stamping based on my new I797? What would be best option go to India or Canada? We are opting for stamping instead of I539 as it is taking a lot of time and also her H4 EAD expires in Aug 19 which we have to renew before that.

She can go alone. Better to get stamped with your new I-797. India or Canada both are fine.

Archived