Family Based Greencard

Recommended Posts


My parents have been traveling regularly to the US (usually once in two years) for the past 10 years or so. This time they had to come back within 3 months. The immigration officer let them know that they should ideally stay at least 6 months in India, but let them come in anyway by looking at their track record. He said he is making note of this exception as well.

I am planning to apply for a green card for them this time when they are here. Would this pose a risk or an issue for them when they apply? Please help.

Link to comment

It is generally advisable to file their I-130 and opt for CP in such cases and more so nowadays. The reason is AOS also takes a long time and CP is foolproof as long as you prove the relationship and your citizenship. Should you opt to file the GC during their visit, let a lawyer guide you. Their stated aim is a tourist visit and filing a GC may be misconstrued . What is possible is not always the best option.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.