H1B Visa and Visa stamping

Niveda

Hi,

I have H1B visa and I have worked in US with the visa for 1 and half yrs.

I moved to India and got my H1B visa transferred to other company.

I attended my visa stamping in Oct 14,2016. But my visa is under Admin Processing.

My H1B visa is going to expire in the month of July 2017. I would like to apply for extension.

I was told by my visa team that when my visa stamping is under Admin processing, I wouldn't be able to apply for H1B visa  extension.

The visa team informed me as I have worked with my previous H1B in US, I would be able to apply for extension even after the visa expires.

My question is

1. Can I apply for H1B extension when my visa is under Admin processing?

2. Can I apply for H1B extension even after my H1B expires when I have worked with H1B in US ?

Thanks,

Nivi

11 hours ago, Niveda said:

Hi,

I have H1B visa and I have worked in US with the visa for 1 and half yrs.

I moved to India and got my H1B visa transferred to other company.

I attended my visa stamping in Oct 14,2016. But my visa is under Admin Processing.

My H1B visa is going to expire in the month of July 2017. I would like to apply for extension.

I was told by my visa team that when my visa stamping is under Admin processing, I wouldn't be able to apply for H1B visa  extension.

The visa team informed me as I have worked with my previous H1B in US, I would be able to apply for extension even after the visa expires.

My question is

1. Can I apply for H1B extension when my visa is under Admin processing?

2. Can I apply for H1B extension even after my H1B expires when I have worked with H1B in US ?

Thanks,

Nivi

1. You cannot apply for extension.

2. Yes, you can.

Archived