H1B transfer after termination (two week notice)

raf.inspired

Hi, my current company gave me a two week notice yesterday about my termination which mean I will no longer be an employee after 17th March. I have two offers from other companies but they are just starting their background check process and according to them it will take more than 7 weeks for me to be able to start working there. Their process consist of sending my details to lawyers who assess my status and other history and then get back to the company with their assessment. This takes about 7-10 days and then after a few more days the company asks the lawyers to file my H1B petition. 

Am I in any trouble if the new employer files for H1B transfer after my termination at my current employer? (Do I need to push the new employer to start the process before 17th March?) Could it cause any problems during actual receiving of visa?

Is the 60 day grace period according to the new rule applicable for me to find a new employer after termination?

Please help! Thanks a lot!

12 hours ago, raf.inspired said:

Hi, my current company gave me a two week notice yesterday about my termination which mean I will no longer be an employee after 17th March. I have two offers from other companies but they are just starting their background check process and according to them it will take more than 7 weeks for me to be able to start working there. Their process consist of sending my details to lawyers who assess my status and other history and then get back to the company with their assessment. This takes about 7-10 days and then after a few more days the company asks the lawyers to file my H1B petition. 

Am I in any trouble if the new employer files for H1B transfer after my termination at my current employer? (Do I need to push the new employer to start the process before 17th March?) Could it cause any problems during actual receiving of visa?

Is the 60 day grace period according to the new rule applicable for me to find a new employer after termination?

Please help! Thanks a lot!

You are good for 60 days provided your current company I-797 is valid for more than 60 days.

Archived