H1B transfer questions from a first-timer

Harry27

Hi, this is my first time on H1B visa and I have few questions. I am with on H1B with Employer A (an Indian services company) working for Client C in California.

1. My project is getting over and my employer A is unable to find any new projects for me. He may ask me to return to India. If he revokes my visa, can I still stay here for 60 days and search for a new H1B employer to transfer to?

2. If I transfer my H1B to a new employer B under normal processing,

1. Can A revoke my visa, while B-petition is still in processing? Will I be out of status?

2. Can I start working immediately with new employer B?

3. Will I be able to travel to India and return using A’s visa, while B-petition is still in processing?

4. Will I be able to work for same Client C again via my new employer B? Can previous employer A sue me?

Thanks

20 hours ago, Harry27 said:

Hi, this is my first time on H1B visa and I have few questions. I am with on H1B with Employer A (an Indian services company) working for Client C in California.

1. My project is getting over and my employer A is unable to find any new projects for me. He may ask me to return to India. If he revokes my visa, can I still stay here for 60 days and search for a new H1B employer to transfer to?

2. If I transfer my H1B to a new employer B under normal processing,

1. Can A revoke my visa, while B-petition is still in processing? Will I be out of status?

2. Can I start working immediately with new employer B?

3. Will I be able to travel to India and return using A’s visa, while B-petition is still in processing?

4. Will I be able to work for same Client C again via my new employer B? Can previous employer A sue me?

Thanks

1. Yes.

2. a. You will not be out of status.

b. Yes, if you get a receipt.

c. You can travel back after your B-petition approval, but not while it is processing.

d. Unless he has any contractual agreements.

Archived