B-2 Visitor Visa - Renewal

visitor_queries

Hello Forum , 

My mother was qualified for a INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM  for her B-2 Visa Renewal so we scheduled one.  She had the OFC ( Finger Printing) done on Feb-6th -2017 - Hyderabad . They took the passports and DS-160 forms but did not take any supporting documentation . Is this normal ? . 

We have been checking the status almost daily 

When sending email : 

The current status of your passport is Delivered To Post.

and no updates after a while :

There is no status update available for the passport number submitted.

If I check the status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx , The status shows up as Administrative Processing

So my questions are : 

1. When going for OFC ( for renewal  INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM ) - Do they take the supporting documentation ? or check them and return back to us right there ?  

2. Is there anyone who has had a reply and approval / issued status  who went for B-2 renewal on Feb -6th - Hyderabad ? 

3. Is the status which shows Administrative Processing a valid Administrative Processing ( which take around 60 days to resolve? ) or a default state where all application in process have this state ?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, visitor_queries said:

Hello Forum , 

My mother was qualified for a INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM  for her B-2 Visa Renewal so we scheduled one.  She had the OFC ( Finger Printing) done on Feb-6th -2017 - Hyderabad . They took the passports and DS-160 forms but did not take any supporting documentation . Is this normal ? . 

We have been checking the status almost daily 

When sending email : 

The current status of your passport is Delivered To Post.

and no updates after a while :

There is no status update available for the passport number submitted.

If I check the status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx , The status shows up as Administrative Processing

So my questions are : 

1. When going for OFC ( for renewal  INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM ) - Do they take the supporting documentation ? or check them and return back to us right there ?  

2. Is there anyone who has had a reply and approval / issued status  who went for B-2 renewal on Feb -6th - Hyderabad ? 

3. Is the status which shows Administrative Processing a valid Administrative Processing ( which take around 60 days to resolve? ) or a default state where all application in process have this state ?

Thanks!

1. Yes, they generally don't take supporting docs.

3. It is a default which shows for everyone while the process is taking place.

Archived