H1B TO H4/BACK FROM H4 TO TO H1

work2live123

Hello friends,

I am on H1B , i have been working on h1 for past 2 years, now i do not have a project, and its almost 1.5 months since i am out of project. 

I don not have my GC process initiated yet.

my spouse is on H1 as well on a job.

since that i am having a hard time finding a placement and worried i will be past 60 days time period soon,

Can i get to h4 status from h1 for now, keep trying for a project , once i find can i apply to get back to my H1?

Do I need to start the H1 process all over gain meaning will i go through the lottery system of H1 process once again when i am converting from h4 to h1?

Note I dont have gc process intiiated for myself, dont have I140 approved .

Any valid response will be of great help.

Hello friends,

I am on H1B , i have been working on h1 for past 2 years, now i do not have a project, and its almost 1.5 months since i am out of project. 

since that i am having a hard time finding a placement and worried i will be past 60 days time period soon,

Can i get to h4 status from h1 for now, keep trying for a project , once i find can i apply to get back to my H1?

Do I need to start the H1 process all over gain meaning will i go through the lottery system of H1 process once again when i am converting from h4 to h1?

Any valid response will be of great help

Is your employer paying you? Or have you been laid off? You can't search for a project while on H4. It would be work.

The 60 day period is after a layoff, and it is only in effect since Jan. 17, which is not yet 1 1/2 months.

If you got laid off, the employer had to inform USCIS, so if you want to go back to the employer, the employer would have to file and pay for a new H1 petition.

On 2/20/2017 at 0:19 PM, work2live123 said:

Hello friends,

Any valid response will be of great help.

You can convert to H-4. If you get a job the employer has to file a new H-1 again. You don't need to go through lottery again.

Archived