Urgent info required H1b to H4

karn2

Hi

I have to move  from h1b to h4  right now (urgent), my spouse just changed employer & has successfully transferred h1b .

My spouse new employment will start soon .

Please let me know if I need to add /modify or delete any more documents mentioned below

a. Completely filed i539 for cos.

b. My spouse new  i797 copy 

c. My i797 copy

d. My spouse recent pay stubs ( none available from new  employer as employment  will start  In next few days, can I provide previous employer 2 pay stubs, 2 pay stubs from previous employer would do or I need to provide 3)

e. My recent 2 pay stubs  ( I get weekly pay stubs , so will 2 would do or I need to provide 3).

Also I work from home in state A & my LCA has corporate office address of  state B. My employer never shared LCA with me, now when he wants me to move to h4 he is making change in LCA but not amending the h1b.

f. Marriage certificate copy

g. recent i94 from web for both me & my spouse.

Also please let me know what changes I need to do incase we want to move directly from h1b to h4 ead.

Requesting to respond asap.

On 2/19/2017 at 10:05 PM, karn2 said:

Hi

I have to move  from h1b to h4  right now (urgent), my spouse just changed employer & has successfully transferred h1b .

My spouse new employment will start soon .

Please let me know if I need to add /modify or delete any more documents mentioned below

a. Completely filed i539 for cos.

b. My spouse new  i797 copy 

c. My i797 copy

d. My spouse recent pay stubs ( none available from new  employer as employment  will start  In next few days, can I provide previous employer 2 pay stubs, 2 pay stubs from previous employer would do or I need to provide 3)

e. My recent 2 pay stubs  ( I get weekly pay stubs , so will 2 would do or I need to provide 3).

Also I work from home in state A & my LCA has corporate office address of  state B. My employer never shared LCA with me, now when he wants me to move to h4 he is making change in LCA but not amending the h1b.

f. Marriage certificate copy

g. recent i94 from web for both me & my spouse.

Also please let me know what changes I need to do incase we want to move directly from h1b to h4 ead.

Requesting to respond asap.

Your docs look good.

On 2/19/2017 at 7:05 PM, karn2 said:

My employer never shared LCA with me, now when he wants me to move to h4

What does that mean?

The employer can lay you off. That means you are losing H1 status. Any move to another status is your decision alone.

The employer by law has to inform USCIS that you no longer work there. And if you wish to travel back to your home country, the employer has to pay for your flight.

Also, the employer by law was required to give you a copy of the LCA at the first day of work. If he didn't do that, file a complaint with DOL on form WH4.

Archived