Urgent: How to update I-94 date

Info_urgent

Hi,

In Oct 2016, I got my H4 extension approved until March, 2020 along with my spouse (H1b extension). My current visa is expiring on 20th March 2017. I travel to India in Nov, 2016 and came back in Dec,2016 without new Visa stamping. 

At port of entry, Immigration officer entered my I-94 expire date as 30 March,2017.

Does it mean I need to leave country before 30th March,2017 ? 

Is their any way to update I-94 without traveling out of the country?

Can we file I-539 extension of stay or Should I visit to CBP office to update I-94?

Thanks in advance for reply.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

This is not a mistake by CBP. I had the same issue when i went out of the country using the extension , they officer still only gave me the i94 till my visa expiry date. She mentioned that i need to go and get my visa stamped . In my case i am on H1B so i dint want to renews it again. So went to stamping in Mexico .

You can get the extension by filing the i539 or go to mexico and get the stamping done.

i539 is faster if you do it paralelley with your husbands H1b, but if you do it separately it might take upto 6 months.  Try going to CBP office if you want to but it might not be of much help.

I suggest you to go to Mexico and get the stamping.

My Visa stamping dates and extensions are exactly the same as yours.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2017 at 1:59 AM, Info_urgent said:

Hi,

In Oct 2016, I got my H4 extension approved until March, 2020 along with my spouse (H1b extension). My current visa is expiring on 20th March 2017. I travel to India in Nov, 2016 and came back in Dec,2016 without new Visa stamping. 

At port of entry, Immigration officer entered my I-94 expire date as 30 March,2017.

Does it mean I need to leave country before 30th March,2017 ? 

Is their any way to update I-94 without traveling out of the country?

Can we file I-539 extension of stay or Should I visit to CBP office to update I-94?

Thanks in advance for reply.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Go to Mexico or Canada border before March 30 2017 and get a new I-94 while coming back by showing the new I-797.

Archived