Background checks

Ashley2017

During US citizenship process, does USCIS also do a background check with Indian consulate/embassy? What are they looking for and can it delay the overall process for an interview call?

I applied for citizenship and the status shows USCIS has started the interview process and will send an interview date more than a 1.5 months back, but I haven't received any letter yet. Does anyone know if its normal time these days?

I applied in November 2016, A couple of days after my Biometrics in December 2016 (December 7th) i was placed "Inline for interview scheduling". Yet to get an update after that or the interview letter. I guess it depends on the processing time of the USCIS FO. I looked up mine and found they were still processing April 2016. So one just has to sit tight...if the case is "In-line for interview scheduling", one can assume the BC is over..

@Univemp

I have a very similar timeline as you have. My biometrics was dec9th and status says "In line for Interview scheluding", so hopefully, the BC is over as you mentioned. 
How did you check the April 2016 is the processing date? Can you pls. share the link? Thanks.

Did you have to declare your traffic violations and attach documentation? 

• 2 weeks later...

Joe,

I applied in April 2016 and finished my biometrics on August 26th, 2016. I am still waiting for interview. I took infopass in December and was told my application is waiting background check. Also, I was told they cannot schedule interview till background check is complete. Since background check is done by FBI, USCIS told me they cannot provide any timeline of how long it can take.

In the meantime, my wife applied at same time as me and also finished biometrics on same day. However she finished her interview on December 8th 2016 and already took oath on January 19th 2017.

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2017 at 3:31 PM, Univemp said:

I applied in November 2016, A couple of days after my Biometrics in December 2016 (December 7th) i was placed "Inline for interview scheduling". Yet to get an update after that or the interview letter. I guess it depends on the processing time of the USCIS FO. I looked up mine and found they were still processing April 2016. So one just has to sit tight...if the case is "In-line for interview scheduling", one can assume the BC is over..

Hello Univemp, 
Since you and I had the biometrics around the same date, just checking if you got the notification for an interview? For my case it still shows, 'In -line for interview scheduling'. 

Archived