H1 Transfer pending but I 140 approved--whats next

SamH1

Hello Seniors,

My case is little complicated.

Original H1B was approved till 9/9/2016( which is end of 6 year period including L1+H1).

Based on which I applied for H1 transfer(with extension of recapturing the days spent outside US--this comes till April 7,2017) to my current employer on Jan 26,2016 under regular processing which is still in case received state.

Meanwhile my labor and I 140 with the same employer got approved on Jan 9,2017.

Now my question is

1.can my employer apply for H1b extension with approved I140 without waiting for H1 transfer result.

or

2.Convert H1 transfer to Premium get the approval and then file H1 extension

Thanks in advance your timely response would be highly appreciated since my driver licence expires in 10 days I need ti know what step would be safe.

Thanks

Sam

22 hours ago, SamH1 said:

Hello Seniors,

My case is little complicated.

Original H1B was approved till 9/9/2016( which is end of 6 year period including L1+H1).

Based on which I applied for H1 transfer(with extension of recapturing the days spent outside US--this comes till April 7,2017) to my current employer on Jan 26,2016 under regular processing which is still in case received state.

Meanwhile my labor and I 140 with the same employer got approved on Jan 9,2017.

Now my question is

1.can my employer apply for H1b extension with approved I140 without waiting for H1 transfer result.

or

2.Convert H1 transfer to Premium get the approval and then file H1 extension

Thanks in advance your timely response would be highly appreciated since my driver licence expires in 10 days I need ti know what step would be safe.

Thanks

Sam

Option 2 is the best option.

Archived